Overview of the Women’s Activewear Market:
· Activewear is a type of apparel that is worn by athletes who participate in sports and fitness activities. Its multiple advantages, including increased grip, wicking function, and bi-stretchable properties, assist athletes in improving their performance.
· Activewear’s numerous and unique benefits, such as breathability, quick-drying, static resistance, thermal resistance, and chemical resistance, drive the worldwide women’s activewear market forward. In addition, rising consumer health consciousness and female customers’ excitement for sports and fitness are driving demand for women’s activewear.
· Furthermore, the increased participation of female consumers in athletic activities supports activewear sales, which positively impacts market growth. Increased female consumer participation in walking for fitness, for example, leads to increased sales of sports shoes and activewear shorts and t-shirts.
· Female consumers’ holistic approach to athleisure clothing has a favorable impact on the whole market’s growth. Furthermore, a boost in fitness and sports consciousness among the younger generation and an increase in disposable money are two key factors driving market expansion.
· However, the high cost of designing and the unpredictable cost of raw materials results in a high cost of the end product, resulting in lower activewear sales among price-sensitive consumers.
· Similarly, the availability of counterfeit products causes consumers hassle and safety concerns, which has a negative influence on market growth.
· On the other hand, an increase in promotional activities is expected to raise product and brand awareness, accelerating market growth. Furthermore, many organizations’ initiatives, such as an increase in activewear-related campaigns and programs, are expected to broaden the consumer base. Furthermore, the development of green textile and its usage in the formulation of activewear is predicted to attract green consumers, resulting in lucrative market expansion potential.
· Consumers have embraced women’s activewear since it is casual and comfortable clothing that can be worn for various occasions other than the gym or practice/fitness sessions, such as work, shopping, and so on. Manufacturers are expanding their product offers in many categories, such as tops, bottoms, outerwear, innerwear, and swimwear, as the trend of activewear as regular or fashion wear grows.
· The staples of the athleisure trend are yoga pants and leggings. Victoria’s Secret, Aeropostale, ALO, Forever 21, and Electric are the top five yoga pants and leggings brands. The Upside, Beyond Yoga, lululemon, ALO, and Electric are some prominent brands that cater to the premium price range in the market.
· Polyester, cotton, spandex, and other synthetic and natural textiles are used to make activewear. Some athletic items are created from a single fabric type, while others are constructed from a combination of textiles. The fabric is chosen depending on its properties as well as the intended use of the garment.
· The online and offline distribution channels are used to characterize the women’s activewear market. The growing popularity of activewear encourages the expansion and opening of new businesses, such as hypermarkets, specialty stores, mono-brand stores, etc. The expansion of the online women’s activewear market is fueled by a shift in shopping patterns and high penetration and acceptance of e-commerce.
· The market for women’s sportswear has been broken down into four price categories: under $20, $20-$40, $40-$60, and $60 and up. The market is dominated by products priced between $40 and $60; however, the market for products priced between $20 and $40 is expected to develop faster throughout the projected period.
· Crossovers between athletic and leisurewear have given rise to athleisure, which is extensively used as casual and sportswear in developed nations like North America and Europe.
· In Asia-Pacific, the expansion of the activewear market is fueled by a rise in disposable income, a shift in lifestyles, and increased urbanization in various nations. Furthermore, the Indian client base is becoming more health-conscious, fueling women’s sportswear adoption.
Advantages for the Women’s Activewear Market:
· The study examines existing and developing industry trends and opportunities in the worldwide women’s activewear market.
· The research includes a full qualitative and quantitative analysis of current trends and forecasts for the future, which can be used to assess existing market prospects.
· The report includes a detailed analysis of the market’s driving and limiting forces.
· Following key product positioning and monitoring the main competitors within the market framework allows for a thorough market study.
· The research offers in-depth qualitative insights into the potential and niche segments or locations that are doing well.