The quick-service restaurant market
· Due to developing urbanization, rapid development in food delivery services, expanding young and working population, a developing number of dual-income households, and rising disposable earnings in India, the Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) market is expected to grow CAGR over 18% between 2021 and 2025.
· The QSR market is divided into Food & Beverage divisions, with the Food category accounting for most of the market. Nonetheless, due to novel solutions being released in this product area, the beverage market will likely grow at a quicker rate in the following years.
· In 2019, North India dominated the country’s QSR market, and this trend is likely to continue during the projection year. Coffee Day Global Limited, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited, Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. (HRPL), Devyani International Limited, Connaught Plaza Restaurants Limited, Sapphire Foods India Pvt Ltd, Burger Kind India Pvt Ltd, Tata Starbucks Private Limited, Subway System India Pvt Ltd, and Burman Hospitality Private Limited are some of the major market players in India’s QSR market. Sierra Nevada Restaurants Private Limited, Barista Coffee Company Limited, Wow Momo Foods Private Limited, and others are other major businesses.
· Domino’s Pizza, KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Pizza Hut, Burger King, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Costa Coffee, McDonald’s, Cafe Coffee Day, Subway, and Taco Bell are just a few of the country’s well-known fast-food chains. Wendy’s,Wat-a-burger, Nirula’s, Burgs, Smokin’ Joe’s, Jumbo King, Wow! Momo, La Pinos, and Carls Jr Burger are among the other popular brands.
The study’s goal is to:
· This study intends to estimate and determine the size of the India Quick Service Restaurants market.
· Product, Type, Model, and Sales Channel will classify and forecast the India Quick Service Restaurants market.
· To determine the market drivers and challenges for India’s Quick Service Restaurants.
· To investigate competitive developments in the India Quick Service Restaurants market, including expansions, new product launches, mergers, and acquisitions, etc.
. To undertake a pricing analysis for the Indian market for Quick Service Restaurants.
· To identify and evaluate the key players in the India Quick Service Restaurants market.
· Fast food restaurants are sometimes known as quick-service restaurants. Fast cuisine and limited table service are the main attractions of this sort of restaurant. There are additional alternatives for take-out or take-away. Food is frequently prepared in advance and kept hot until it is sold.
· Quick service restaurants, such as McDonald’s or KFC, are frequently part of a restaurant chain. Fast food is frequently overly prepared and served in plastic bags or cartons. Food is frequently manufactured in a central supply facility and then sent to different locations, where it is immediately cooked in response to incoming orders. The freshness and holding time of precooked foods are strictly maintained.
· Additives like salt, sugar, and preservatives are required in fast food products. The nutritional value of the food is reduced as a result of these processing procedures.
· Many fast-food businesses have a drive-thru window to expedite delivery. Orders can be placed through speakers with wireless systems. To boost productivity and offer reports to managers and corporate offices, computer systems and software are used.
· Fast food outlets have been chastised for fostering unhealthy eating habits by serving high-fat, high-sodium dishes. The fast-food industry’s advertising methods have also been blamed for contributing to America’s childhood obesity problem.
· White meat, fresh fruit, and salads are increasingly available at many large chain restaurants. McDonald’s now offers nutritional information on each menu item’s packaging.
· McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC, Wendy’s, and Little Caesars are just a few examples of well-known fast-food franchises.
· With the rapid expansion of quick-service restaurants, there is no doubt that competition is getting increasingly fierce. Given the current circumstance, there is a good chance that if you do not keep your quick service restaurant marketing methods up to date, you will lose out on potential clients to your market competitors.
Restaurant marketing can be done both online and offline. Creating an SEO-friendly website, having a social media presence, integrating with online delivery platforms, distributing fliers, participating in food festivals, and putting your QSR in food guides are all activities that can help you improve your entire QSR operations.